Monday, March 22, 2010

Glory to God, another girl!

The webcam paid for itself again. About 10 a.m., it was easy to see that Raquel was labor. She is our smallest ewe and I definitely wanted to be there to make sure all was well.

Last year she had her little ewe lamb by herself and did fine, but this year there had been more difficult presentations it seemed.

By the time I made it home, a little nose and one hoof was appearing. Only one hoof.

I have had some ewes that didn't have trouble delivering even with a leg back, but I guess as small as Raquel is, she just couldn't get that shoulder through. So with my buddies at work watching on the webcam, I was down in the hay helping to reposition...wiggle...twist...pray... until she finally slid out.

What a pretty ewe lamb, and she's a good size girl. Just a single this time, but I'm not complaining.

No comments: