Wednesday, September 16, 2009

We have dogs...

I haven't been able to say that in over 20 years... we have two new dogs. Zack and Jack are their names and guarding sheep will be their job. We adopted them from the TX Great Pyrenees Rescue group and I just got back home with them. Luckily my friend Lesa rode with me up to Caddo Mills, TX to get them since Bob had to work. Now to get the boys settled in and introduced to the sheep, llamas, horses and cats.

Zack and Jack are 2 year old brothers and have had experience as LGDs (Livestock Guard Dogs). We hope that they will be able to protect the Tunis flock from the coyotes.

*** Follow-up*** 11-2-09

Though we really liked the boys, they just did not fit our needs because they would not bond with the sheep. We returned them to the rescue and will search for other forms of predator protection.

1 comment:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

I'm sure they'll do great! They are beautiful dogs!