Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Living with Eternity in View

David Jeremiah's "Today's Turning Point" email was especially timely for me. After posting my life in such a capsulated way, his message this morning seemed written especially for me. Here is an excerpt:

Living with Eternity in View

It’s not our hobbies, our hoarding, or our honors that will follow us to heaven, but our works. As we seek and fulfill His will for our lives, He uses our actions, attitudes, and words to expand and strengthen His kingdom.

Someday we’ll stand before God with the meager offering of our lives. We should labor with eternity in view so that one day heaven’s newspapers will say of us, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21).


Click here to view the entire message

I must keep this in mind and pray that I one day will hear those words!

No comments: